Sunday 17 August 2014

My skin care routine.

Welcome back!

This weeks post is all about skin. I will remind you all that I work in skin care and know a lot about different ingredients and products. If you have any questions about what would be best for your skin type, feel free to leave a comment or contact me on one of my social media pages.





I'll start off by explaining what elements make up my routine...

SERUM.
Serum penetrates your skin and reaches the deepest layers of your epidermis. It has the greatest power to cure dehydration and help with anti-ageing. Serums are usually one of the most expensive skin care items as a lot of technology and research goes into them.

MOISTURISER.

Moisturiser hydrates the top layer of your epidermis and leaves your skin feeling silky and soft. It is meant to add value to your serum and assist it in doing its job.

EYE SERUM & CREAM.

Your eye serum and cream work in a very similar way to your facial serum and cream. They are meant to support one another and help target the concerns of your eye area. The eye area is the first area to age, which is why it is so important to preserve its youthful appearance and treat it separately to the rest of the face.

EXFOLIANT.

Exfoliation is designed to clean inside the pores to help clear build ups in the skin and prevent break outs. A more oily skin type should exfoliate two-three times a week. A more dry skin type should exfoliate once a week. 

MASK.

A mask is meant to be a special treatment done to the skin once a week. A mask should be selected based on your skin's needs. When your skin is more oily you should use a detoxifying mask. When your skin is more dry you should you a hydrating mask. If applying a hydrating mask I would recommend sleeping with it overnight. When your skin is looking dull and needs a lift I would recommend using a brightening mask. 


Now, for my daily and weekly routine...

EVERYDAY
AM: Eye cream, serum, moisturiser.
PM: Eye serum, eye cream, serum, moisturiser.

ONCE A WEEK
AM: Eye cream, serum, moisturiser.
PM: Exfoliant, mask.


I hope this was helpful and gave some insight into what is best for your skin. This is a very basic overview and I am hoping to post a more detailed video including the products I use soon. 

Xx Kassi



6 comments:

  1. Thank you this really helped!! What products are your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I have lots of products I love for all different things so will make a video soon. If you have any specific questions on advice for products for yourself feel free to message me on my Facebook page. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello kassi, very nice post and blog, thanks for share your daily routine tips for skin care. Advanced Dermatology Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avoiding exposure to dust and other pollutants is also important for sensitive skin care. So, cover yourself adequately before going out. Non comedogenic face moisturizer for oily skin

    ReplyDelete
  4. While using Tretinoin you just need to take care of few things and that is washing your face and removing the entire make up and dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, it was great to learn about your skin care routine.
    You can visit my website and see further on skin care, here: https://www.unsullyd.com/skin-care/
    Cheers,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete